To foster creativity and risk-taking among its researchers, the CIML developed a modus operandi that is still unique more than 40 years after its implementation. Designed to serve its scientists, the CIML organisation maximises synergies and exchanges between scientists while relieving each team manager of many administrative, financial and logistical tasks.
The CIML organisation is based on the following principles:
- A federation of teams that promotes transversality and dynamism
- Common core scientific and technological platforms
- Common technical and administrative departments
- Participative and collective decision-making structures: steering committee, board of group leaders, commissions (equipment, IT, animal supply, etc.)
- Joint policy for recruiting researchers
- An effort to promote international exchanges